Unhinged Episode #009: Music and the Brain
In our 9th episode, We talk about how music is what brought us together many years ago and how it became an important part of our friendship. We also disclose what the “blue room” from our previous intro is and how that’s related.
There was another rocky start the morning of this show, and Doug tells us what’s got him down.
Doug explains all about neurotransmitters and their importance in the brain, and how music can help with their production. And finally, we discuss an article from Time about how learning to play an instrument and participating in musical learning leads to better academic performance all around.
- Time.com: This is How Music Can Change Your Brain
- TED Ed: How playing an instrument benefits your brain – Anita Collins
- 16 Benefits Of Playing An Instrument
- Smart Parent Advice: What Are the Benefits of Music for Babies and Toddlers?
- The Surprising Benefits Of Playing An Instrument For People Of All Ages